Welcome to the Contributor Guide! This guide is meant for anybody who wants to submit something for inclusion on a Ritual Misery Podcast.
What You Can Contribute
You may contribute short audio or video clips on virtually any subject. Some examples:
- Commentary on a subject that matters to you
- Game or movie review (spoilery movie reviews must declare such and will always be featured in the post-show)
- Poem or song
- Any original content you want to share – use your imagination (don’t use someone else’s ideas…tell them to get their lazy ass up and submit that shit themselves)
What You Can’t Contribute
- Someone else’s intellectual property without their consent
- Hate speech, unless it’s really funny and harmless (everyone hates gophers, right?)
- Anything considered illegal in the United States and/or the country in which you live…unless you anonymize it at your own risk
Note: all submissions will be included in a future Ritual Misery Podcast episode at the sole discretion of RMP. Effort placed into production quality will be appreciated and increase likelihood of inclusion.
How To Contribute
- Record your audio or video.
- Try to record the highest quality you can manage. The best audio comes from a professional microphone. If you have it, please use it. Otherwise, a USB headset is fine. The built-in microphone on your computer or other device should be used as a last resort. Eliminate as much background noise as possible. For video, pay attention to lighting.
- Use the last ten seconds or so to promote yourself. Include your website URL, Twitter account, and/or wherever else people can find more of you and your stuff.
- Limit your final product to 3 minutes. If you want to submit longer items, email us first for arrangements.
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Submission: Example1”. Anything you submit will be treated as CC BY-SA 4.0. This is the same license we publish the podcast under. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
- Your contribution will be included in an upcoming episode of the Ritual Misery Podcast.